The Brooking Industries Scholarship
Brooking is pleased to offer an education scholarship program for dependent high school and college students of current, full-time commissioned Law Enforcement officers and qualified First Responders (please see Qualified Law Enforcement and First Responder Roles below).
The desired degree must complement a career within the Law Enforcement, EMS, Fire, or First Responder fields. The scholarship is for the purpose of study at accredited colleges & universities.
Grant to the designated institution may be used for room and board, tuition, library fees, textbooks, and related institution-imposed fees.
Funds will be distributed directly to the institute of higher education on behalf of the student. Funds will not be distributed directly to the student.
- An award of $10,000 will be given (paid once) to the best video (see details below).
- Four awards of $500 will be given (paid once) to the four runner-up videos.
- The deadline to submit your application and video is March, 1, 2022.
- The winner and runner-up recipients will be notified by email in Mid-March, 2022.
- The applicant must be a high school senior or college student.
- The applicant must be the dependent son or daughter of a current, full-time commissioned Law Enforcement Officer or qualified First Responder in the United States.
- The applicant must be either a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- The recipient must currently attend or been accepted to an accredited community college or four-year college or university in the United States.
- Past scholarship winners, Brooking associates and affiliates are not allowed to apply.
- The applicant must submit an original video (see details below).
Video Submission Requirements
- Record an original video describing your dream career.
- Video or any variants should never have been released or made public prior.
- Video should contain only copyright-free and trademark-free content (no visuals with brand names etc.)
- Have a creative title
- Runtime: A minimum of 60 seconds. A maximum of 120 seconds.
- Be submitted in one of the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI
A committee of passionate volunteers from the Brooking network will review applicants and select the winners. Winning students may be invited for phone interviews prior to the award.
Once application requirements are met, our team will evaluate your submission based on the following criteria:
- Presentation Clarity
- Production Quality
How To Apply
- Create a restricted shared folder on Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive and grant firstname.lastname@example.org access. Please ensure this folder is restricted. Brooking is not responsible for the security and privacy of files on shared folders.
- Upload the following seven things:
- Proof of college enrollment
- Signed media release using this form
- Signed dependent relationship using this form
- A scan of a valid government-issued photo ID for the applicant
- A scan of a valid government-issued photo ID for the parent or legal guardian
- Proof that the parent or legal guardian is currently employed within one of the roles listed below (issued work ID etc.)
- The video (see Video Submission Requirements above)
- Complete the Brooking scholarship application form below including the link to the above restricted folder.
Qualified Law Enforcement and First Responder Roles
- Police Officers (Federal, State, And Local) – Active
- Sheriff / Sheriff’s Deputy
- Correctional Officer
- State Trooper
- Federal Law Enforcement Officer (For Example, Customs & Border Protection Officer, Air Marshal, Etc.)
- Park Police & Park Rangers
- Probation & Parole Officers
- Bridge And Tunnel Officers
- Detention Officers
- Railroad Police Officers
- School Resource Officers
- Auxiliary & Reserve Sheriff Deputy Or Police Officers
- Animal Control Officers (Must Be Hold Law Enforcement Credentials)
- Fire Marshals (Must Be Hold Law Enforcement Credentials)
- Court Bailiffs/Court Officers (Must Be Hold Law Enforcement Credentials)
- Career Firefighter (Federal, State, And Local)
- Wild-Land Firefighter/ Prescribed Fire Burn Manager
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Fire Marshal
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Helicopter Pilot
- Flight Nurse
- 911 Dispatchers
- Police, Sheriff, Fire Or EMS Dispatcher
- Fire Communications Officer
- Public Safety Telecommunicator
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our contact data to third parties,
and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual,
government agency, or company at any time unless compelled to do so by law.